- To develop a simplified methodology for road infrastructures’ safety assessment based on the automated analysis of video images
- To test and validate the methodology through a pilot road safety assessment of highways in Mozambique
- Establishing a methodology for simplified road safety assessment based on the analysis of road infrastructure attributes (i.e. on their contribution to the risk of road traffic crashes).
- Establishing the standard for video filming to be used for the road safety assessments.
- Developing an automated image analysis and coding tool for the methodology developed.
- Conducting a pilot assessment of national highway subsection of 500 km in Mozambique.
- Providing the results of the road safety assessment on the piloted subsection.