FRED Engineering has been awarded a new project in sub-Saharan Africa. This is a study for the implementation of a sustainable financing strategy for the activities of OSER, the road safety observatory in Côte d’Ivoire.
The general objective is to provide Côte d’Ivoire with a sustainable financing strategy for its road safety programmes. Specifically, the study aims to:
- identify the major problems of road safety programmes
- analyse the current mode and sources of funding for road safety
- identify the short, medium and long term funding needs
- develop a five-year financing plan for road safety activities with a budget
- identify the mode and sustainable sources of funding for the OSER activity programmes and other road safety activities
- establish a mechanism for monitoring and evaluating the use of resources
This technical assistance is financed by the World Bank under the PAMOSET project, supporting the modernization of the transport sector and facilitating trade along the corridor Abidjan – Ouagadougou.
FRED has already worked in Côte d’Ivoire in 2018 as part of the same project. At that time, audit and inspection activities were carried out along the corridor, as well as training for OSER and AGEROUTE technicians. DRIVER, the crash data management software developed by the World Bank, was also implemented. More information can be found here.